Wednesday 20 March 2013

Strikes, Pickets, and someone elses VBA code!!!!

So, we had a national strike today. I wonder if anyone noticed!
 
I know our customers didn't, they still got dealt with the same as always!
 
Our teams noticed slightly, we had one or two things in the mailbox rather than three or four.
 
Our immediate management team noticed as they had to provide hourly stats on who was in work or on strike, but as the work was getting done, thats about the only reason!
 
Our Employers will definately have notice, but unfortunately not for the reason the unions wanted. They will have counted up the number of people on strike, realised it wasnt particularly service effecting, and thought 'Thats 'X' number of days pay we've saved. One step closer to meeting our cost saving targets!'
 
I'm used to driving at, sorry, past Picket Lines during these one day strikes, so i was expecting more of the same when i got to work today. Unfortunately I didn't get to ignore any of them, as the only people outside the office were the management team making sure people were getting into work OK. They didnt need to bother, there wasnt a Picket Line to cross!
 
I know I should care about the cause, and in reality I do. Its just a fact that going without a days pay for me just isnt an option. Sorry!
 
Anyway, the drop in incomding work meant i could get on with checking, amending, and updating, 48 pages of VBA code that we have inherited as part of a new Tool. To be honest i thought we had enough Tools on the team :o)
I've got it down to 23 pages of code, and hopefully another hour or so at it tomorrow will knock it down a few more. That will mean I can throw it out for QA, and people can then ask for all the changes they should have asked for in the first place.
Ok I'm being harsh, I've been involved form the start, and all should be fine!
 
I've missed a hell of a lot of FatMumSlims Photo A Day challenge recently, I must try and get my arse back in gear and start taking some more pictures.
 
Gareth
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment